Below you will find answers to some of the most common questions you have asked about Contact – Personal Lines. If you have a question which has not been covered on this page, please contact your Jevco underwriter.
ACCESS AND SUPPORT
UPLOAD, DOWNLOAD, CONNECTIVITY
POLICY AND CHANGES
ACCESS AND SUPPORT
1. How do I access Contact PL?
From the Broker Portal: Click on System Access > Contact (Jevco) > Contact (Jevco)
2. Will users have to change login information?
Your login information will not change with the new interface.
3. Who can I call for support?
User learning guides and other support materials are also available on this site.
4. What web browsers and operating systems are required for Contact PL?
Contact works with:
5. Is it possible to run multiple sessions of Contact PL?
Yes, Using Internet Explorer, you can open the first session and access your first policy. To run a second session, click on FILE > NEW SESSION in your browser menu. You will be prompted to log in again and can access and transact/update a different policy.
6. What do I do if I have display issues in Contact, such as missing icons?
In most cases using Shift-F5 will correct this issue.
If the issue is not corrected, ask your brokerage’s IT department to check your settings.
7. How can I get set up in Contact?
For set-up and training, please contact your Electronic Business Specialist.
8. What if something happens during the transaction (e.g. my screen freezes? Would the transaction be saved in Contact, or do I have to start all over again)?
When you use connectivity to upload your new business, Contact will automatically create a quote number and save the information uploaded.
When policies are keyed directly into Contact, there is a “Save Quote” icon located in the top menu that will allow saving at any point. For policy changes, use “Save What If” on the Results stop to save your quote.
9. Will Intact Insurance transition to Contact or will it keep SaversPlus?
Intact Insurance will move to the Contact platform in the future. Stay tuned!
10. What is the session timeout for Contact PL?
To ensure the security of Intact systems, users will be prompted to enter their login information after two hours of inactivity in Contact PL.
1. Who is a Client? Do I have to add each named insured separately?
A client is the named insured, a driver, an occasional driver. A Client profile must be created for each of these.
2. Who can be listed as the authorized contact? Who is typically listed?
The authorized contact is someone the insured grants permission to, should they be asked about policy details pertaining to this client.
3. After I enter my client details on the Client Profile screen, the options are “Cancel”, “Create Automobile Quote” or “Submit”. What do I do?
4. What is the purpose of the No Solicitation field when setting up a customer?
The field will not be used. Intact Insurance and Jevco do not solicit to clients directly.
1. How do I add a note?
Click the Notes icon (located throughout the policy). This will open up a note, where you will choose the title of the note from the drop-down and then enter your comments in the comments box. A note can be added any time after the General Information stop is completed. A note can also be added while in view only mode.
2. What information do I need to include in the Notes when issuing a new business?
1. How long does a new business quote remain in Contact PL when either uploaded or keyed directly?
Currently new business quotes will be stored in Contact PL indefinitely.
However, the rate guarantee is 30 days from the process date.
2. How long do “What if” quotes remain in Contact PL?
“What if” quotes can be viewed and activated up to 30 days from the process date. “What if” quotes can be viewed BUT not updated if they have expired or if another quote was issued after a broker’s quote was processed.
3. How do I know if I can no longer activate a “What if” quote?
If a quote is over 30 days old OR another quote with a later date was issued, the icon to activate a particular quote will not appear.
4. Can I delete a quote?
Quotes cannot be deleted.
5. How many “What if” quotes can I create?
There is no limit to the number of “What if” quotes that can be created in Contact PL.
6. Will Applied Rating quotes be honoured?
Applied Rating is not an Intact system; only quotes in the Jevco Contact system will be honoured. Please contact your Jevco underwriter with quoting discrepancies.
7. What is the difference between the “Save What if” and “Save Transaction” icons on the Results stop?
“Save What if”: saves transaction scenarios in a policy (example: client has requested quotes on a number of vehicles).
“Save Transaction”: Exits and saves the information entered (example: missing information to complete the change).
Note: Once the missing information is entered, the saved transaction will have to be submitted.
8. How long can a saved transaction stay saved? Will a renewal be stopped due to a saved transaction?
There is no time limit on a saved transaction; however, it should be processed as soon as possible. A renewal will not be issued until the saved transaction is completed.
9. How do I activate a “What if” quote?
10. Is Contact an underwriting tool? If the information entered disqualifies the risk, will a quote still be generated?
Yes, Contact will indicate if a risk does not qualify for Jevco. An underwriting message will appear on the Results stop, under the Underwriting Messages tab indicating the eligibility of the risk.
11. Will a quote number be provided once you click Save Quote if you to have exit?
When using connectivity, a quote number will generate as soon as you enter Contact. When keying a policy directly into Contact, a quote number will be generated once you click the Save Quote button.
12. What is the “Copy Quote” functionality in Contact PL?
It copies an existing quote/policy into a quote. The original quote/policy remains as is.
For example: If there is an existing quote that has expired in Contact PL, this function will allow the user to copy the details into a new quote.
13. When binding a policy, is there a tab to go to that will show it is bound?
The "Policy History" icon will display all transactions bound.
There are a number of ways to identify a policy that has been bound.
The policy history screen will also display all transactions bound.
14. How many years of transactions will the Policy History display? Will they ever be purged?
Currently all transactions remain in the Policy History.
15. Do we order MVR and Autoplus externally?
There is no change to the process. Please continue to order MVR and Autoplus reports through CGI.
1. Can I quote without a VIN?
Yes, you can manually choose the year, make and model when quoting.
2. How do I enter an older vehicle with a VIN Code less than 17 digits?
Note: If “No VICC Code” is selected, the “Fuel Type” field on the Vehicle Information tab must now be completed.
LIENHOLDER / LESSOR
1. Why is the lienholder/lessor information not on the Vehicle screen?
We want to ensure your quoting process is quick. The lienholder/lessor information only becomes mandatory during the binding process. It can be found on the Complementary Information screen.
2. Is lessor information entered the same way as lienholder?
Yes, the lessor and lienholder information are entered on the Complementary Information screen under the Results stop.
3. Can the lienholder/lessor information be entered free-form?
If the institution does not appear in the drop-down, choose Other and enter the information in the field.
4. Does Contact allow me to proceed without adding lienholder/lessor details?
Interested party details are not mandatory at the quoting stage, only at binding. Once the “Convert to Policy” icon is selected, Contact will direct you to complete the lessor/lienholder details under the “Complementary Information” screen on the Results stop.
When you click on convert to policy, Contact will bring you back to the necessary field to complete.
POLICY AND CHANGES
1. What information is required to retrieve a policy or quote?
Users can search by entering either the policy number or quote number, or a combination of criteria such as telephone number, policy number, quote number, last name, first name, date of birth and/or postal code.
2. How do I start a Policy Change or Rewrite?
3. If a change needs to be made to an old Jevco policy, does it have to be processed in Savers?
If the policy number starts with K, the policy would be amended in Contact. If the policy number starts with J, JM or JA, it would be processed through Savers.
4. Can Jevco endorsements be processed in Contact?
Yes. All Jevco endorsements can continue to be processed in Contact.
5. How can I add an additional named insured(s) to a vehicle?
Retrieve the policy:
6. How do I add an additional named insured when endorsing a policy?
Use the Add Named Insured icon under the Named Insured tab of the General Information stop.
7. What is the “Amend Owner” icon on the Registered Owners section of the Risks stop for?
Selecting the icon returns you to the Client Profile where the client information, communication and additional information sections can be updated.
Amend Insured icon : This is only used to correct the existing information of the insured’s client profile
Change of Address icon : This is used to change the insured’s mailing address
8. I would like to add a 2nd vehicle with a 2nd driver. How do I proceed?
To add the vehicle:
To add the driver:
9. How can I make minor policy corrections (changes to phone number, client code, etc.) without printing the documents?
There is an option to suppress documents on the Complementary Info screen under the Additional Info stop.
10. Can I add the multi vehicle discount if the Cross Reference policy is with Intact Insurance or Novex?
No. All policies must be with Jevco for this discount to apply.
11. What do I input for “Insured without interruption since”?
This field is used to record how long the insured has had insurance without any interruptions (i.e. non-pays, suspensions). For example, an insured has many years of insurance but has had a 3-month gap in 2015 due to non-payment; you would enter 2015 in this field. Please note: For no prior (first time insurance), enter the current year.
12. What happens to the information on the Complementary Information screens once the quote is converted to a policy?
The information is moved to the tabs within the applicable stops. For example the lienholder/lessor details are moved to the Vehicles stop.
13. Will more countries be listed for driving experience other than Canada and the U.S.?
All countries are listed in the out of country drop-down box.
14. Most of our insureds live right on the Ontario-Quebec border and go back and forth between each province. What do we enter for the number of weeks the vehicle will be used outside of province?
Vehicle rating is based on the garaged address. The out of province indicator would only apply if the insured leaves the province for extended period of time, for example, snowbirds.
15. Why is there a Disregard Conviction button for convictions?
We may need to disregard a conviction for rating purposes. This decision would be at the discretion of your Jevco underwriter.
16. Is the completion of the licence conditions necessary, for example wears glasses, etc.
This is not a mandatory field. If there are no licence conditions, you can leave the field blank.
17. What are the Underwriting Messages located on the Results stop for, and who reviews them?
Underwriting messages are used by both brokers and underwriters. These should be reviewed and if applicable take the appropriate action to address them. Click on the “+” to see the required actions needed to address the messages. Messages should be reviewed prior to submitting a transaction (new business or policy change).
18. Are there any changes that I cannot process in Contact PL? Can I cancel/lapse a policy?
You will not be able to process cancellations, lapses, reinstatements or update banking information. Cancellations and lapses are processed by the Jevco underwriting team.
1. What effective dates are acceptable?
New Business: Contact will accept a policy with an effective date up to 60 days in the future and no more than 14 days in the past. For dates that fall outside of these timeframes, refer to your underwriter.
Policy changes: future-dated changes should be completed as close to the processing date as possible. Currently, the out of sequence transaction function is not available in Contact PL.
2. Once you access your quote in Contact, can you make changes to the details and or the effective date?
Yes, changes can be made. The “Edit Quote” functionality will allow you to make changes to your original quote.
3. Can I do two different policy changes with the same effective date?
No, the transaction effective date must be later than the date of the last transaction unless it is a new business rewrite or renewal rewrite.
4. Can dates be entered as yyyy/mm/dd?
Contact uses a dd-mm-yyyy format. A message will appear if you enter the date in a different format. Tip: use the Calendar icon to select the date.
5. Do we still have to manipulate dates for drivers who fast track their G1 to G?
Contact accepts actual licence dates for fast tracking and rate accordingly. Underwriting rules would still apply.
UPLOAD, DOWNLOAD, CONNECTIVITY
1. What Broker Management Systems and Quoting tools will allow company integration to Jevco?
Connectivity options are available in Agency Manager, EPIC, Powerbroker, Keal (Sigxp/CimData), NexCentre, TBW, Applied Rating, Intelliquote and Powerquote tools. Please refer to the Connectivity Guides for more details.
2. How do I upload policies in a Company Name?
Refer to the Connectivity Guides for instructions on how to upload a policy in a Company Name from your Broker Management System.
3. How do I upload from my Broker Management System?
Refer to the Connectivity Guides for instructions on how to upload a policy from your Broker Management System.
4. If there is an error when uploading from our broker management system will there be detailed information in Contact as to what needs
to be fixed?
Contact will provide an Error Message notification if the error is a result of something invalid in your BMS or quoting tool. It will advise you to correct the error and resubmit your quote.
5. Will connectivity allow users to upload pictures directly into Contact?
Supplementary information including photos should be retained in broker files unless requested by your Jevco underwriter.
6. When will Jevco download New Business, Policy Changes and Renewals? We get eDocs but not downloads.
The EDI download capability is available for Intact Insurance, Jevco and Novex. Please contact your Electronic Business Specialist for set up.
1. What is the customer EDI field?
The Electronic Data Interface (EDI) number is the client code assigned by your Broker Management System. It is used for download purposes.
2. Where do I input the Client EDI number in Contact?
The Client EDI Number field is located on the Broker Information tab of the General Information stop.
3. What happens if I miss the Client EDI field and I have released the new business without it?
Contact the Personal Lines Systems Helpline at 1 855 446 8866, and they can add the Client EDI number after the policy has been created.
1. Where can I find the endorsements (e.g., Loss of Use, etc.)?
Endorsements can be found on the Coverage stop under the Additional Coverages tab.
2. Why is OPCF 44 not automatically defaulted?
OPCF 44 is not automatically defaulted as it is an optional coverage.
1. How can I access and print policy documents if the policy was issued in Contact PL?
Access and print Savers Clients Documents to access both insured and broker copies.
2. Can I print the application in Contact PL?
To print the application select the print OAF1 button located at the top of the Results stop. You can also print the confirmation letter.
3. Can the application be printed in Contact before or after the policy is issued?
The application can be printed from Contact before or after the policy is created. To bind the policy, the insured’s consent/signature is required.
4. Can Contact print liability slips?
This function is not currently available.
5. Will Contact generate a temporary insurance slip once the policy is issued?
Liability slips are not available through Contact. These will be mailed with the policy documents.
1. How do I navigate to the next stop?
When creating a quote, it is best to use the Next icon located at the top of the page to navigate to the next stop. Once you have successfully set up your new business policy, then you can safely navigate between the stops by clicking on the name of the stop.
2. Can I simply click on the tab rather than on the arrow on the right of the screen?
Yes, you can use the tabs and stops. However, using the arrows/Next icon is recommended as doing this validates the information prior to moving to the next tab.
3. How do I move from the Complementary Information or Billing Information back to the Results stop?
Use the “Return” icon.
4. What is the Transaction Authorization tool (located under the icon, top right of the screen) on the Client Search screen used for?
This is all pending transactions. The transaction authorization tool allows the Jevco underwriters to review and submit any new business or policy changes that were set to Correct/Refer.
1. Can I make banking changes through Contact PL?
No, all changes to banking information must be done by calling the Jevco Accounts department:
905 277 9350 or 1 800 265 5458.
2. When making a credit card payment, do the user security verification symbols need to be copied exactly as displayed?
Are they case-sensitive?
Yes, the symbols need to be entered exactly as shown.
3. When the policy is set to monthly pay, how can a down payment be applied in Contact when cash is received?
When the policy is set to monthly pay, the down payment can be applied by selecting Certified Cheque, Money Order or Credit Card. The payment amount can be entered in the payment received field. This will stop the down payment from coming out of the insured’s account.
4. How is a down payment set up in Contact so it comes out of the insured’s bank account?
The down payment amount must be entered as $0.00 for the payment to be withdrawn directly from the insured account.
5. If the effective date is past the 14 days and the client is paying by credit card, can we still pay by credit card right away? Or do we have to change the payment type to cheque and then get billing to correct it?
The policy must be released by underwriting before a credit payment can be applied. If the policy is past the 14 day requirement, please contact your Jevco underwriting team to continue with the payment process.
6. When making an endorsement, are we still able to access a payment schedule simulation?
The payment schedule from the Billing screen will reflect any premium changes from an endorsement.
7. How do I access Billing information when using Contact PL?
Use Savers Billing Inquiry to access billing information.
© 2017 Intact Insurance Company, Jevco Insurance Company. All Rights Reserved.